This Policy is a legally binding agreement between you (“User”, “you” or “your”) and this Website operator (“Operator”, “we”, “us” or “our”). By accessing and using the Website and Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
AgriAbout respects your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take care to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential.
When dealing with your personal information we apply the following:
- AgriAbout will only disclose, collate and process your personal information with your express written permission unless we are legally required to do so.
- AgriAbout will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give AgriAbout your express written permission to do so, or unless AgriAbout is permitted or required to do so by law.
- By using the Site, registering or applying online for any AgriAbout products or services, or contacting AgriAbout electronically, you provide AgriAbout with your express written permission to share your personal information within AgriAbout, in the ordinary course of AgriAbout′s business, including for purposes of providing you with the relevant products and services. You may revoke this consent in writing at any time.
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, e-mail address or any other information you use to register for the website and all related information will also be regarded as personal information.
Your privacy is important to us, and we will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised third parties for their independent use, without your consent. If at any stage after you have given AgriAbout your consent, you no longer wish AgriAbout to use or share your personal information, you may at any stage withdraw your consent.
Protection of your personal information
AgriAbout values the information that you choose to provide and will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration. The information AgriAbout has concerning AgriAbout clients, is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
When you use the products, services, facilities, tools, or utilities provided by AgriAbout on the website, you may be required to create a username and password. You must always keep your username and password a secret and ensure that you do not disclose it to anyone.
The rights of users
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information,
- object to the processing of your information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent
- learn if information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information undergoing processing,
- verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected,
- under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it,
- under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information from us,
- to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible,
- to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance.
This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
AgriAbout (Pty) Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside South Africa and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal data, to South Africa and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
We do not share Personal Information with third parties. We will disclose any Personal Information we collect, use or receive if required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed.
Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control,
- the security, integrity, and privacy of all information and data exchanged between you and the Website and Services cannot be guaranteed, and
- any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite best efforts.
In the event we become aware that the security of the Website and Services has been compromised or users Personal Information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties due to external activity, including, but not limited to security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user because of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law. When we do, we will send you an email or get in touch with you over the phone.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to other resources
The Website and Services contain links to other resources that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other resources or third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Website and Services and to read the privacy statements of each resource that may collect Personal Information.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Changes and amendments
Any updated version of this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the Website and Services after the effective date of the revised Policy (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes.
However, we will not, without your consent, use your Personal Information in a manner materially different than what was stated at the time your Personal Information was collected.
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Website and Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to access or use the Website and Services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to individual rights and your Personal Information, you may send an email to email@example.com
Date of compilation: 12 January 2019
Date of revision: 30 June 2021